Youth Program Safety Guidelines
Youth programs play an important role in the health and development of children. The Greater Philadelphia Y’s priority is to provide youth programming in a safe and effective manner. Program modifications have been put in place for the safety of our program participants. Modifications will be different based on program specifics. The Y takes into account guidance from the CDC, local government authorities, Y-USA, and recognized sporting bodies.
For questions or concerns, please reach out anytime!
Health & Safety Protocols
We have implemented a number of new and enhanced protocols to keep our members, participants, parents, and staff safe.
- Masks are encouraged, but not required, for youth members at all Greater Philadelphia YMCA branches. Please view our full policy HERE.
- Recognizing the fact that some participants may be returning to play after a period of inactivity, added emphasis on injury prevention will be apparent with consistent reminders to re-build endurance, focus on proper form, etc.
- In the event of an injury, coaches and/or staff will attend to participants wearing both masks and latex gloves.
- Every instructor will have access to a medical bag with extra gloves, masks, sanitizer, wipes, facial tissues, and garbage bags.
- Participants will be asked to bring their own water bottles. No sharing of water bottles and each bottle should be clearly marked with the participant’s name
- Strict sanitization and cleaning protocol have been implemented; including a minimum of 15 minutes between each program to allow for proper sanitization.
- Each participant is asked to utilize hand sanitizer upon entry and exit.
- The Y requests that each participant brings their own ball for their safety. If necessary, the Y will supply a sanitized ball for the participant.
- Pinnies will not be shared among participants
- Any changes due to the evolving nature of the COVID-19 pandemic will be communicated quickly. Should the season be postponed or canceled due to health official guidelines, full or partial credits will be issued based on the number of games played/sessions delivered.
- All equipment will be sanitized prior to use and again at the completion of the lesson.
- Instructors will wear a face shield while in the water for their protection as well as yours.
- Only 1 adult will be permitted to accompany the swimmer onto the pool deck.
- We ask that anyone on our pool deck or outside of the water observe the current Mask Policy.
- Whenever possible, please arrive and leave in your swimsuit. Locker rooms will be open for use with social distancing guidelines and enhanced cleaning procedures.