Get your lifeguard certification, and if you're hired by the YMCA, we'll pay your certification fees!
You heard that right! Participants who take our lifeguard certification class that are hired by the YMCA afterward will be reimbursed for their certification fees!
- Monday, December 20, from 4:00 - 8:00 PM
- Tuesday, December 21, from 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Wednesday, December 22, from 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Ambler Area YMCA
Register through our Member Portal
1. Login or create an account
2. Click the PROGRAMS tab at the top of the page
3. Click REGISTER FOR A PROGRAM
4. Use the dropdown menu to select AMBLER AREA YMCA and click SEARCH
5. Select the TRAINING & CERTIFICATION filter
6. Complete the prompts to finish your registration
About the course:
This course provides entry-level lifeguard participants with the knowledge & skills to prevent, recognize and respond to aquatic emergencies and provide care for breathing and cardiac emergencies, injuries, and sudden illnesses until emergency medical services personnel take over. Participants must be at least 15 years old before the last scheduled class session and pass a prerequisite skills evaluation that includes: Swimming 300 yards continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing, treading water for 2 minutes using only the legs, completing a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds swim 20 yards, dive to a depth of 7 to 10 feet, retrieve a 10-pound object, return to the surface and return to the starting point with both hands holding the object, exit the water without using a ladder or steps. Participants must attend and participate in all class sessions, demonstrate competency in all required skills and activities.