In order to ensure that coming to the Y is a fun, safe and positive experience for you and your child(ren) please read through our policies and procedures.
Member KidZone Use
KidZone is available for all children of adults (18 and older) that have an active Greater Philadelphia YMCA membership. Adult guests and nationwide members are not permitted to use KidZone services for their children.
Food & Drink Rules
Food is not permitted in the KidZone area. Sippy cups, water bottles, and bottles (for infants) are permitted and should be labeled with the child’s first and last name. Bottles should be pre-made ready to use. Please, no glass.
2-Hour Time Limit
Each family gets a total of two (2) hours of KidZone service per day. While using KidZone, you must be present in the Y at all times. If you leave the Y premises, you must take your child with you.
Ages & Capacity
Children ages 3 months through 11 years old are welcome. When the room is at maximum capacity, additional children cannot be signed in until others leave. Please allow plenty of time to sign your child(ren) into KidZone, especially at peak times.
1. Please arrive early! If you are taking a class, please allow extra time before the start of your class to check in your child. Your patience is greatly appreciated!
2. Have your membership card/phone out to be scanned if your branch utilizes check-in for KidZone. If your center does not scan in, please sign your child in on the sign-in sheet.
3. As the check-in staff member scans/signs your child into our log, please write your child’s name on the provided label and place it in the middle of your child’s shirt on the back. You will receive a wristband with the matching number.
4. To pick up your child, you must show your numbered wristband to the checkout staff. A staff member will cut off your wristband and remove your child’s numbered name tag.
5. Please be on time to pick up your child and be mindful of our two (2) hour time limit. Please pick up children before our closing time. New child check-in stops 30 minutes before our closing time.
Diapers and Changing: You will be notified to return to change your child’s diaper if needed. All diaper bags must be labeled with the child’s first and last name.
Medication: Y staff are not able to administer any medication, including but not limited to: antibiotics, any over the counter medications, Tylenol, vitamins, or teething ointment.
Sick Policy: In order to ensure everyone’s health, sick children are not permitted in KidZone. If a child shows signs of illness while in our care, we will notify you to pick them up immediately. Children need to be symptom-free for 24 hours before returning to Kid Zone.
Toys and Comfort Items: Toys and items from home are not permitted. Electronic devices are permitted, however, the Y is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged devices.